Mexican Aztec Pie
6 Simson’s Pantry Premium White Wraps
500g vine ripened tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
1 bunch fresh coriander, stalks removed
2 cloves garlic
2 chicken breasts
1 tbs. olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 tbs. Mexican spice mix
½ tbs. ground chipotle chillies
3 cobs corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
200ml sour cream
200g tasty cheese, grated
Chopped avocado, tomato and coriander, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Place tomatoes, chicken stock, coriander and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Steam chicken breasts for 25 minutes, then shred with a fork.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and cook onions until soft. Add Mexican spice mix and chipotle chillies and cook for a further minute until fragrant. Stir onion mixture through shredded chicken. Set aside.
- Slice corn kernels from cobs. Heat frying pan to a high heat. Cook corn until lightly charred. Set aside.
- Shallow fry Simson’s Pantry Wraps in olive oil in a frying pan for 1 minute on each side, or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- In a casserole dish layer wraps, tomato mixture, chicken mixture, corn, black beans, sour cream and cheese in two layers. Cook for 25 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with chopped avocado, tomato and coriander.