Black Rice Wrap Tarts
3 Simson’s Pantry Black Rice Wraps
2 tbs butter, melted
1 tbs caster sugar
1 tbs caster sugar, extra
½ tsp ground cinnamon
store bought lemon curd
icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut each wrap in half, then in half again. You will now have 12 “quarters”. Make a small cut in each quarter from the curved edge towards the centre, stopping the cut around halfway.
- Brush both sides of the wrap quarters with butter and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Gently arrange each wrap quarter in a non-stick muffin tray by overlapping the cut so that each wrap makes a mini tart case.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove from oven and cool the tart cases on a piece of baking paper.
- Prepare the caramelised walnuts by placing the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a non-stick frypan. Cook, stirring constantly over high heat until the sugar has dissolved and the walnuts smell delicious.
- Pour onto a piece of baking paper, allow to cool, then roughly chop.
- Fill the cooled tart cases with yoghurt, a dollop of lemon curd and a sprinkling of caramelised walnuts. Dust with icing sugar and serve.